Thursday, May 10, 2007

Be Prepared

First I donned a pair of huge, black rubber boots over my tennis shoes. Then I pulled on a pair of thick rubber gloves, followed by lovely purple rubber "sleeve covers" to protect my upper arms. Next came a heavy rubber apron and a pair of safety goggles. Oh yes...let's not forget the stylish hairnet to complete the look.

Preparing to clean up a toxic waste cite, you wonder? Nope. Maybe a fieldtrip to the dump? Wrong again. I was just suiting up for cleaning detail at the Ogden Cannery. Our shift was responsible for scouring the canning facility following a day producing 900 cases of Cream of Chicken soup. In return for my labors, I came home with two cases of the precious stuff to stash away in my food storage.

In all seriousness, isn't the Church great??? Where else would you find a fully operational canning facility putting out high-quality product, much of which will be given away, staffed almost exclusively by volunteers? It is nice to be part of such a fantastic organization (even if you have to wear an ugly hairnet on occasion!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think you were describing preparations for cleaning up a toxic waste site or the municipal dump. I thought James must have made another mess or you were preparing to change Danny's diaper. Mom dons your described fashionware to peel onions. I would have to wear such a get-up if I had to touch a bundt cake.