1. Head wounds really do bleed A LOT!!!
2. There truly is a "clumsy gene" - and Daniel unfortunately got it from his mother.
3. The crisis always occurs when you haven't showered, have no make up on, and are in your sweats.
4. Glue can fix just about anything!
Don't let his cheesy grin fool you....Daniel (and his mom) really did have a traumatic morning. I had just finished exercising and feeding the kids breakfast. I went into my room to go get ready for the day. Daniel came running as fast as he could, rounded the corner into my room, tripped over his feet, and landed head-first against the metal frame of our bed. He instantly started shrieking and when he raised his head, I about started shrieking too. That tiny cut above his eye spurt blood across the room all over me and all over Daniel. His face and hair were covered. Scared me right to death. In a frantic moment I was able to get a compress on his head and call our friends, the Swensens, to the rescue. Wendy drove me to the hospital and Steve whisked jammy-clad James away to his house. After the initial hysteria, Daniel and I calmed down enough to get a closer look. The cut didn't look as terrible as I first suspected. We ended up going to a local clinic instead of the emergency room. The doctor checked Daniel out and determined no stitches were needed - just a little glue. :-) So while I tried to hold him still and Wendy popped M & Ms in his mouth, the doctor dabbed some glue on him and he was good as new! Wow...what a way to start the day!
3 comments:
You realize that if Wade had been around when the incident occurred, he would have whipped out the "super glue" in no time. He's been known to use it a time or two on his wife, and thankfully it's always worked! (with no bad scarring either)
Glad Daniel is okay. Probably scared you to death!
Glue or no glue - the fact remains, my little Danny Boy got another owie on his head. This little man truly takes after his mother (Amy) who was always the victim of some exciting (shall I say unusual) happenstance. I'm so glad the injury wasn't more serious!
I worry that the next blog will come from the Davis County Jail, where the Division of Family Services people are going to put you if you can't convince Daniel to be more careful! Have you tried sitting him down and talking with him about this?
Post a Comment