Monday, March 17, 2008

Pregnancy Induced ADD

Does this scenario sound remotely familiar to any of you ladies who are or ever have been pregnant???

Saturday morning I decided to get up and actually try to be productive. First on the agenda was to rearrange and clean James' room - which is now James and Daniel's room. The whole family pitched in and the job went off without a hitch.

Next on the list: clean the bathrooms. I'm on my own for this chore. I jumped right in and started scrubbing toilets. Only moments into this task, I realized I was low on my toilet paper stock. So I immediately went down to the basement to get more TP from the storage room.

While in the storage room, I saw a box of Easter stuff. This reminded me that Easter is only a week away and I had not done a thing to prepare. So I went upstairs to make a list of what I need to buy for the holiday.

This reminded me that I had better check my coupons. So I dug them out of my purse and purged the whole file to get rid of all the expired coupons.

In by my purse I saw my cell phone charging, which reminded me of what I had forgotten to talk to my mom about the other day. So immediately called Mom.

While talking to her, we discussed some upcoming events that I hadn't written on my calendar yet. Of course, after hanging up with her, I had to go get my calendar.

Looking at my calendar, I realized I hadn't written down my next Primary presidency meeting. So hurriedly I jotted that down.

And while I was thinking about Primary, I decided I had better finish my Sharing Time lesson for Sunday. So I rushed into my bedroom to get my Primary bag.

Once in my room, I realized how very dusty my bedroom furniture is. Maybe that's why I'm getting a stuffy nose every night. Time to dust!

So I traipse to the laundry room to get my dust cloth and spray. Lo and behold, that's where I see a new can of Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner. Oh yeah....

Two hours later I'm back in the bathroom scrubbing toilets. I swear pregnancy does something to your brain. No wonder I feel like the most inefficient person on the planet these days!



1 comment:

Afton said...

At least you have pregnancy brain...I think my brain works like that all the time! We can't wait to see you in just a couple of weeks. The boys are growing so fast and getting cuter every day.