This space is dedicated to the musings and mullings of the Mullins Family. We hope to keep you posted on our life, share our thoughts and observations, and make you smile along the way.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Wrestle Mania
Recently James started wrestling. We thought it might be good for him to try an individual sport. Since his dad, uncles, and grandpa all wrestled, James's entry into the sport was hailed as a great event! After a couple of practise sessions, James had his first wrestling tournament at Syracus High School. The gym was packed and there were dozens of wrestlers in his age/weight bracket. So for the very first round, who does James get paired with? The ONLY girl in the entire program!!! The look on his face was priceless. We had just had the "you never hit a girl" discussion at home the week before, so I could see he was clearly confused about what to do. Let's just say that things didn't go to well. She had James crying before he could figure out how to handle the situation. I felt so bad for him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Okay, that first picture with James and the girl is so funny! She looks like she means business!!
There, you did it. Now doesn't that feel better. I'm going to give it maybe one more day and then make the switch to private. Anyways, the boys look awesome. What a gentleman James is. That is a tough concept. Don't hit girls, yet, you can wrestle them. Ha Ha. I'm glad he ended up having a great time!! They are all such great boys!!
What a cute picture of these boys. I love that they love it. Stockton always wants to wrestle!!
I LOVE the story about the girl! I have had that discussion so many times. My boys would have no idea what to do either! What a cute boy!
He is so cute!! That really does mess them up when they are told to wrestle a girl. I am so glad you guys decided to sign him up! By the way Daniel was handing out $20 bills the other night at wrestling practice. Art should not keep so much cash in his wallet =)
Post a Comment