Thursday, February 19, 2009

Catch-Up...The Daniel Edition

While I've been recovering, Daniel hasn't wanted to stray to far from home. He has always been a "mommy's boy", but it has become even more pronounced over the past two months. For quite a while he decided that he would just stay in his PJs so he wouldn't have to leave my side. So we have spent many days together in our jammies reading stories, playing Go Fish, and taking naps. I think it has been good for us both! On those rare days when Daniel has ventured out, he has had some fun sledding trips at Grandpa and Grandma Mullins'. He is even learning to like (or tolerate at least) their dog, Maggie.

Daniel has been my recovery cheerleader. He checks on my progress regularly. He even puts up with me going to Physical Therapy because he knows it will help me get better. He asks me all the time when I can get off my "crunches" (which, incidentally, I was officially able to ditch yesterday!) I had told him that I would be all better when the Spring came and it was warm outside. Well, one day last week when we had a bit of a warm spell, he came running inside and said, "Mom! Your hip is all better! The sun is out!" I wish it were that easy!!!

Daniel seem to be growing up fast, and yet he is still my sweet little 3 year old. (Although anyone with a 3 year old can attest that they are not always so sweet. He has a stubborn streak a mile long!) Danny spends hours doing puzzles, working on his beloved workbook (a big fat book with pre-K level worksheets and activities), sounding out 3 and 4 letter words, and unlocking the mysteries of mathematics. "Hey Mom, did you know that 7 + 8 =15? and 6 + 8 is only 14 because it is one less?" He gets so excited about learning and he constantly amazes us with his insights, vocabulary, and enthusiasm for figuring new things out.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Your boys are so cute and I am so glad that you are hitting those great milestones. If it makes you feel better I am praying for the warm weather too!!! Good Luck with this next step, if you need anything let me know.