James told us he was going to enter the 3-D Art category. He already had a vision of what he wanted to create. His plan was to build a city out of paper. Knowing what an expert Lego builder he is, I had no doubt he would figure out a way make it happen. Three weeks, 4 rolls of scotch tape, 2 glue sticks, and countless scraps of paper later....this is what he came up with!
I don't know if these pictures do it justice. The scope of the project is pretty impressive! The detail he included is amazing. But what I love most is that you can clearly tell it is the labor of love of a six year old!
This week the school held the Reflections awards assembly. We tried to prep James for the fact that not everyone would win a trophy. The important thing is that he participated, did his best and had fun working on his talents. I will be honest..when I saw the number of entries in James's category I began fervantly hoping that he wouldn't be too disappointed with a participants' medal. I guess I should have more faith in my son! I wish I could have captured the look on his face when they announced that he won the Award of Excellence! Here is my happy boy clutching his trophy with the principal and assistant principal. What a proud moment!
1 comment:
That paper town is even more amazing than I imagined! So glad to hear that he won. He obviously deserves it! I loved, Loved, LOVED visiting with you at Matt and Court's house. Thanks again for coming over so we could hang out. We are so super excited to have David and Wendy here for Thanksgiving. Wish you could come too!
Post a Comment