Friday, December 08, 2006

The Miracle of Moms

I think of all of the Lord's creations, mothers have to rank right up there at the very top. No matter how old you get, you never outgrow your need for your mom. It is an enduring bond that just gets stronger with time.

This week I was reminded once again how great my mom is. After being "mom" to my kids and half the neighborhood kids for several days, I was about at the end of my rope. I was exhausted, my house was a wreck, my hubby was equally tired after working long hours, and to top it all off, I was feeling a dandy cold coming on. In the face of all this, what did I want? My MOM! Being the ever gracious hosts, my parents let Art and I come with the boys for a few days. It cut down Art's commute time considerably, and it gave me a much-needed break. Mom took good care of us. She watched James and Daniel for several hours. I didn't have to cook or clean and I even got a nap in two days in a row! Nothing like Mom's TLC to rejuvinate you!

Another great thing about moms is that they get better with age. In fact, they advance to a certain point where a magical transformation takes place and they become Grandma. Once they have this title, they have reached earthly perfection (just ask any grandchild!) James made a great observation. He noticed me calling Grandma Seal "mom" and asked me about it. I explained the relationship to him. After mulling it over for a few minutes he said, "Grandma's name is Grandma. Her name is Mom too. And Grandma is also named "friend." She is nice to everybody!" That says it all!!!

Love you Mom!

3 comments:

Leezy Lindsey said...

This is a very sweet post, Amy. I'm sure it melts your Mom's heart. I, too am very grateful for my Mom. The distance between us doesn't see to stop her from always being there for me.

Anonymous said...

We couldn't ask for a better Mom/Grandma!

Anonymous said...

Ditto for me.