Thursday, January 04, 2007

What a kid!


Oh how we love our James! You just never know what will come out of his mouth these days. Who knows where he picks up some of these phrases?!? I thought I'd just capture a few of my favorite "Jamesisms" from the past few days.

"Mom, I need a nose-nex because my nose is all fuffy." (I think he couldn't remember the word "kleenex" - he got the "nex" part and just inserted "nose" since it seemed to fit best. That is linguistic creativity for you!)

James came running into the family room and crashed into the recliner where his dad was sitting. Laying flat on his back on the floor, he exclaimed, "Oh fiddlesticks!!!" (I can tell you he definitely didn't get that phrase from his dad!)

The other day I was reading the newspaper. James came and sat down by me and picked up a section of the paper. I didn't realize the news was so enthralling until I heard an excited, "Holy Smokes! Look at that tractor!" (Indeed, there was a very impressive picture of a tractor right on the front page of the local section)

And my favorite of the week.... Yesterday morning James woke up at 6:15 am. I was not happy at all about it and told him he had to go back to sleep. After some negotiating back and forth, he agreed to try to go back to sleep if he could lay by me in my bed. He snuggled up next to me and all was quiet for about 20 minutes. I thought for sure he had dozed off again. Suddenly, in the darkness, a calm little voice piped up and matter-of-factly said, "Mom....(dramatic pause)....there is nothing exciting going on right now, is there?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love kid wit and wisdom. Maybe James will sleep in a little longer (here's hoping) now that he knows 6:00a.m. is not so exciting and he's not missing out!