Thursday, September 06, 2007

Mother of the Year

I think I will nominate myself for the best mom in the world. Today was James' second day of preschool and what did I do? I FORGOT him!!! I completely spaced it and left him at preschool for almost half an hour. Yes...I am admitting it. I'm hoping I can shame myself so thoroughly that I will never, ever, ever do it again! In my defense, I was right in the middle of making salsa, so I was up to my elbows in peppers and tomatoes. But still...who forgets to pick up their firstborn on his second day of preschool?!?! Thankfully, Miss Connie is very understanding and James is very forgiving. He has told me repeatedly today, "It's okay, Mom. I'm not mad at you." Has anyone else had one of those "Apparently I'm not fit to be a mother" moments?

4 comments:

Leezy Lindsey said...

I just posted about my "I'm not fit to be a mother moments." Funny that we wrote about something so similar on the same day!

Angie said...

This was a good one! I think we all have moments like this one (or will at some point) I love that James is "not mad at you"! Thank goodness kids are so forgiving and forget easily.

court seal said...

Okay, that is hilarious! To tell you the truth, I am surprised I haven't done that yet....I'm sure my time is coming!

Anonymous said...

Where or where did we go wrong?