Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Post that Wasn't

Blame it on pregnancy, blame it on busy schedules, or maybe the onset of warm summer days. Whatever it is, I have been terrible about blogging lately. Since this is our form of a family journal, I feel bad that I haven't been capturing some of the recent events in our lives. I frequently think "Oh, I need to blog that!" But the days slip by and the posts go unwritten. So today is kind of a catch-up day. I promise (for myself, more than anything) to be more faithful with my posts and pictures.

James: Bikes, bikes, and more bikes! Since mastering the two-wheeler, James has practically lived with his helmut on. He loves to ride up and down the sidewalk with his neighborhood buddies. He's usually the leader of the pack. He has learned that riding down stairs on his bike is not a good idea! James is also the resident gardner around here. He loves to help anyone in the neighborhood who is planting flowers. He even gave up going to play group so he could help dig holes for his Primary teacher. If anyone shows signs of doing any type of yard work (as long as power tools aren't involved) James is sure to show up with his trusty Craftsman shovel in tow!

Daniel: What can I say about Daniel these days? He is just hysterical! He keeps us laughing with his amazing language abilities. I have no idea where a two-year-old comes up with the words, phrases, and comments that he does. Some examples: When I brought home a Lightning McQueen T-shirt for him (his one and only request for summer attire) he exclaimed, "Mom, I'm SO impressed!" One day in the car he told me out of the blue, "Mommy, my Daddy has two jobs. He goes to work, and he goes golfing" (does going golfing twice this year count as a job?) He was playing with his cars and I overheard the following, "I'm the Daddy Car and I go to work. I'm the Mommy Car and I don't feel good." (Can you tell he has an uncomfortable pregnant mommy??)

The Family: Art is still working feverishly on finishing the basement. What a job for him to complete single-handedly! He works long hours and then comes home, changes clothes, and disappears into the basement to continue working. I don't know how he does it! The basement is really looking good. Hopefully things will be near completion in a month or so. In the middle of all that, he still finds time to keep our yard looking gorgeous, to take the boys on bike rides, and to help me out with whatever I need around the house. I can't thank him enough for being so wonderful!!!

We did get to take a break from all that last weekend. We spent three days in Midway with Grandpa and Grandma Seal and the Daniels family. Art got to read an entire book and sneak in a round of golf (his other "job"). I got some much needed rest and relaxation. The boys had a fabulous outing with Grandma and the cousins. They went minature golfing (which looked suspiciously like pool for Blake!), they played at the park, and they got to see the REAL Thomas the Tank Engine! Thomas was in town at the Heber Valley Railroad. Playing with trains and receiving Thomas whistles from Grandma were huge hits (although scary Sir Topham Hat definitely wasn't!)

I am still pregnant. Just bigger. And more tired. And more grumpy. And with a more pronounced waddle! (But still striving to keep a sense of humor) We will be SO glad when Ben makes his appearance at the end of this hot summer!

3 comments:

6seals said...

Amy,
Sounds like you are having fun! When can we get together? Let's plan something. Email or call me soon! Maybe Ang and Wade would want to do something too...let me know.

Jenni said...

Sounds like fun stuff happening!!! And I have to say that you aren't grumpy, at least not around us anyway!!! You look great!!

Natalie said...

Great reading about your family - glad to hear you will be posting more often - I love keeping in touch!