Sunday, October 05, 2008

3 on the 3rd

Our cute Daniel turned 3 on October 3rd. It was a big day for him! He got to help make Halloween cupcakes to share with all his neighborhood buddies while they rode bikes and drew on the driveway with sidewalk chalk. He and James declared that it was the best birthday party ever. (Note to self...no need to plan a real birthday party. The simple stuff makes them just as happy!) Later, when Daddy got home, he opened his presents. He loved his Diego lego jeep set. So fun! Then for his birthday date, we all went to Cold Stone for ice cream.
The day before his actual birthday, we went on a fun outing with the neighborhood gang to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden. Daniel and his friend Ky both had their 3rd birthdays this week, so we told them the trip was in their honor! It was a gorgeous Fall day and all of the kids (and moms) had a great time!
I can't believe our little Buckaroo is three now. Where had the time gone? It seems like just yesterday he was our Gerber baby. Now he is our blonde, blue-eyed little man! We sure love you Daniel. Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday to Daniel!!! Looks lie you had a fun celebration(s)! He is such a darling kid. I know how you feel about the three thing, except at least you have another one to look forward to, it seems like life is going so fast and I am trying to hold on to Easton as long as possible.

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday, Man it seems like you just had him. I love 3 year olds they seem to really grow up in that year and you get to see how they are developing their own little self!!

Angie said...

Happy B-day Danno! Hope it was a good one!

Shelley said...

We love Daniel!! He looks so much like James in that last picture (sans the red hair). Thanks for the cupcakes! The kids loved them!

Brandee & Julie said...

I need to remember that... simplify. Happy Birthday Daniel.

Valerie said...

Shelley always said that was the "special birthday." I remember when she turned 26 on the 26th. You have three beautiful boys!!