Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New and improved...I think?

So I am one step closer to being a bionic woman. I now have a brand-new titanium hip implant securely (we hope!) wedged into my 80-year-old fragile femur. Everything else about me is pudgey, but apparently I have skinny thigh bones. What a rip!

The surgery went fine and I am now home. I don't feel very bionic yet since I can't even get to the bathroom by myself! I can't put any weight on the bad leg for three weeks. So until then, I will become very proficient with my walker, my raised toilet seat, and sock grabber, and all of the other goodies I came home with. I am also getting very friendly with the absolute largest bottle of Lortab known to man. So pardon me if my spelling or anything else in the blog for the next little while is a bit wack-a-doo!

Art has been totally amazing as he has morphed into "Super Caretaker Man". I don't think he knew quite what he was in for. We are finally putting those baby monitors to good use so he can hear my wimpering even when he is downstairs trying to escape from it all! Thanks to everyone for the thoughts, prayers, phone calls, and help. We couldn't do it without you. It will take a small village to get our family through the next few weeks. We will keep you posted as my recovery progresses.

9 comments:

Alicia said...

Amy I am so glad it went well!! Please let us know if there is any thing you need at all!

Jenni said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas and I am so glad that all went well with the surgery. I will be over monday morning to see if all is well.

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

So glad to hear your surgery went well. I always knew you were Superwoman but I had no idea you were bionic too. :)

Bonnie said...

Amy, I'm so glad that the surgery went well. We will keep you in our prayers that you will recover quickly.

Shelley said...

Hey Woman! I can't wait to get those little guys down here outta your hair! I hope New Years Evening was oh so romantic :)! Please know that I love ya, and I am here for you, so CALL no matter what you need, and I will waddle my way over!

Brandee & Julie said...

I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you. Like everyone has said, if you need anything call. But I think I might call Art. For some reason men always admit to needing things :)

Kelli said...

How are you doing since Monday? That was kinda a crazy day. It was so nice visiting with you though. I can't wait to have your kids next week.

Syphus Circus said...

My goodness. Sounds as though your life has been painful as of late! I can't believe that we've been out of touch for so long. A full hip replacement...oh my dear Amy. Now, toward the end of January, I hope you're doing much better.