Monday, March 02, 2009

Benson is 6 months

It's finally Benson's turn in the spotlight. I've been waiting to post about him until I had a few more pictures of his HUGE grin. Unfortunately, he is fascinated with the camera...the grin goes away and is replaced by a very studious expression when I try to take his picture. So, I'll just post this video of his cute giggle and report on all the rest.

Ben is a BIG boy - my biggest yet. He tips the scales at a hefty 19 lbs 14 oz. He is roly-poly and has the cutest thighs in the world. Enjoy those rolls while they are still cute, Ben! He is the happiest little kid. He is full of smiles which crinkle his eyes and light up his whole face. He is very, very ticklish. Mommy exploits that to the fullest in order to coax out those infectious giggles. He has been so content through all the turmoil for the last two months. He has just basked in all the attention from family and the ladies in the ward.

The newest developments in his little life include his first tooth, which appeared on Valentine's Day, his favorite mode of communication, an ear-piercing shriek which can indicate distress, boredom, fatigue, or excitement, and delectable meals of sweet potatoes and squash. So far, he has been largely unimpressed with baby food, though. We are still waiting for Ben to figure out how to move. He hasn't even mastered rolling over yet. He has gotten quite good at sitting up, though. As long as he is sitting and has a good view of what's going on, he has no need to move anywhere!

We love our Benson (aka Sumo Baby, Bubba, Benster, Chunky Monkey). He is a delight to have in our family. His older brothers adore him, and he finds them very entertaining as well! We are savoring every moment of this little child's life!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

He is such a sweet, darling baby!!! Hope you have gotten him out of some of the bad habits we all got him in!!! Happy Six months, REALLY?

Shelley said...

I can't believe it has been 6 months already! Where does the time go? We are looking forward to long days, outside, watching the kiddies play!

Brandee & Julie said...

He is getting so big! Ben is adorable. There is something about a family with all boys :) Hope you are feeling better. Call if you need anything!

Afton said...

You are such a sweet momma. I love all your odes to your children. He is the cutest chunky little monkey! I've always said the happiest babies know how much they are adored and loved. Baby giggles are truly the best. I'm so glad you are feeling better. Love your guts!