Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Blankie Blues


This pictures speaks volumes about the devotion Danny has for his blankie. His fuzzy blue star blanket with the chewed-on tag is a necessity in his life. His blankie lulls him to sleep, comforts him when he's sad, cures his boo-boos, and keeps him company during long, boring car rides. So you can only imagine his distress when he saw me put his blanket in the dryer. I managed to sneak it into the washer, but he caught me as I transfered it to the dryer. It was soaking wet, so of course I couldn't give it to him. He was inconsolable. He stood by the dryer and watched his beloved blankie go around and around as big tears dripped from his cheeks. It was a LONG 30 minutes until the dryer cycle was done!!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, how we can relate at our house. I, too have to be sneaky when it comes to washing Blake's precious "Bwee".

Leezy Lindsey said...

That is probably one of the saddest (and cutest) things I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Danny is lucky. He only had to wait 30 minutes. When I was a little boy (hundreds of years ago when we had to walk up-hill both ways to school in snow storms in June) I had a blanket (I called it my "pinch blanket"). When it got washed, it had to hang on the clothes line for hours. I stood there for hours, hanging on to the lower corner that I could barely reach. How sad!