Monday, December 17, 2007

A Child's Prayer

I think most of us as parents want to teach our children to pray. We pray as families and we kneel down next to our children's beds to hear their prayers before they go to sleep. Art and I have tried to make daily prayers a habit for James and Daniel. Even though our boys our young, we want them to know they can talk to their Heavenly Father.

Well, the other night, we realized just how personal James's relationship with Heavenly Father has become when we heard him. After the usual "thanks you" and "please bless"in his prayer, we heard him say"And Heavenly Father, I think we should hang out...." Wow! Now that must be a direct line to Heaven!



1 comment:

Angie said...

I love the random things kids ask for in their prayers!

Blake will always say the most bizzare things like "Thank you for lions that say roar..." At least they are saying their prayers, right?