Sunday, December 09, 2007

Happy Birthday James!

James began his fun birthday weekend with a romp in the front yard with Daddy and Daniel on Saturday morning. The newly fallen snow made a perfect playground. James and Daniel were determined to build a complete snow family...Frosty would be proud!
James had one big wish for his Birthday Date. He has been talking for weeks about riding the Trax train. That is all he wanted to do. So we were happy to accomodate! We took the boys downtown and had a great evening together. The train was a huge thrill for the kids.
Aside from riding the train back and forth in the "free zone", we also spent time warming up around the bonfires at the Gateway, sipping yumming hot chocolate, and oohing and aahing at the beautiful lights on Temple Square.
On the morning of the big day, our excited four-year-old got to open presents. He got a neat tractor from his brother and a fancy race track from Mom and Dad. He told us, "We'll have to tell Santa not to bring me a race track because I already have one!!!" We heard giggles and squeals all morning long as two little racers tried out the new track.
A cake decorator I am NOT! But I did attempt to make James a tractor cake to take to Grandma and Grandpa Seal's house today to share with his cousins. Now I think this little boy has had every birthday wish fulfilled!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Your cake was a hit! Blake is still talking about the "garbage cake". Happy Birthday James!

Leezy Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday James! I think we are going to have to go downtown and copy his birthday date! That looked like a lot of fun!

Natalie said...

i love the TRAX story. James is such a cute kid!!!