Monday, February 04, 2008

Me and My Honey

Afton tagged me, and in the spirit of Valentines Day, I'm adding my two cents...


How long have you been together? We hit the five year mark last October! We're still pretty newly wed, right?

How long did you date? Officially, it was about three weeks (We coudln't be outdone by Afton and Jonathan!) It was four months from the time we met to our trip to the altar!

How old is he? 41 (A very YOUNG 41...that's what having two active little boys does for you)Who eats more? Sadly, I can out-eat him almost every time. I try to show great restraint, but he is not a Seal, and therefore doesn't relish food quite the way we do!

Who said "I love you" first? I think Art was first...he said "I think I'm falling for you" which led to the whole exchanging of "I love you" gushy stuff.

Who is taller? Definitely Art

Who sings better? The better question is probably "who sings worse?" I think we're in a tie on that one. Daniel used to cover our mouths when we sang in church, if that tells you anything.

Who is smarter? Probably me, if you count book smarts. But Art has me beat in math and finances and all real-life "how-stuff-works" departments.

Who does the laundry? Definitely me. But Art bought me a nice washer and dryer so I could enjoy myself while I'm at it. :)

Who does the dishes? Most me, but he jumps in when I need him to.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me, because it's closest to the door so I can jump up with the kids at night. (In all fairness, he gets up just as often as I do!)

Who pays the bills? Mostly Art, we tried turning things over to me, but let's just say it hasn't worked out so well!

Who mows the lawn? I have to admit that I haven't mowed the lawn the entire time we have been married. But I don't think Art has cleaned a single toilet, so I think it's a fair trade!

Who cooks dinner? Cooks? What's that??? Well, I used to cook (pre-pregnancy days) I hope some day I'll pick it up again!I

Who is more stubborn? From what I hear, Art was a VERY stubborn child. I think he mellowed a lot though. Neither one of us is stubborn enough not to compromise when needed. We rarely disagree anyway...

Who kissed who first? Art was very gentlemanly and asked if he could kiss me.

Who asked who out? He "flirted" first (crazy online stuff! You'll have to ask about that one), I emailed first, and then he called and asked me out.

Who proposed? We sort of both just decided to get married. Then I planned our formal engagement night(just kidding...I planned Art's birthday dinner. He added to the evening with a ring and a proposal!)

Who is more sensitive? I think we might be pretty equal. Although, if the truth be told, I think Art might be a little quicker to tear up than I am (Don't tell him I told!)

Who has more friends? He keeps in touch with more of his longtime friends. I have more "current" friends. It's a girl thing maybe. I have more "mom" friends and bookclubby stuff.

Who has more siblings? I have 3 and he has 5

Who are you tagging? Anyone who'd like to join in

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You know I want to hear more about the online flirting - details :) That's a fun tag - I learned a lot about you two love birds!

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.