Sunday, May 17, 2009

Date Night



Art and I decided we need to get out of rut and start doing a few more things together. We agreed to take turns planning an "original" (i.e. pretty much anything...we don't get out much!) date each month. April was my month. I arranged for a "His and Hers" night. For the "Hers" portion -ladies first of course - we went to the Tulip Festival and Thanksgiving Point. For those who don't know, tulips are my very favorite flowers. The gardens were absolutely spectacular and I came away with a serious case of bulb fever. Fortunately, that will likely subside before planting season this fall. Anyway, we spent a pleasant hour or so strolling through the gardens on a gorgeous evening.
For the "His" portion, we drove across the freeway to Cabela's to check out all the manly stuff. We had never been before, so it was actually quite fun for both of us. We watched them feed the fish (which is actually more entertaining than one might think) and ate buffalo burgers (ok...so I tasted Art's and then finished my own chicken sandwich). We spent the rest of the time in the fishing section where Art drooled over $800 sticks - ahem - fly poles. I promised him someday I will try my hand at his beloved fly fishing.
All in all, it was a great evening. I got to spend it with my my best friend doing things we both love. Who could ask for more?!


No comments: