Thursday, May 21, 2009

My new hobby

Thanks to some ladies in my ward who are pros at this and the early influence of my bargain-seeking mother, I have been learning the fine art of coupon shopping. I've always used them, but now I'm discovering the secrets to the serious savings. Here are the results of my first real outing...
1 box of Ritz
1 bag of toasted Ritz
2 boxes of Wheat Thins
1 box of Triscuits
2 bottles of Kraft BBQ sauce
2 bottles of Kraft salad dressing
1 bottle French's mustard
1 jar of Nalley's dill pickles
4 pack of Activia yogurt
1 Colgate toothbrush
1 travel pack of Wet Ones wipes
Grand total...WITH tax even...drum roll please.... $3.14!!!!
Okay, admit it...you are impressed. I was impressed. The checker at Albertson's was impressed. Even Art was impressed. Who knew what a little clipping on Sunday afternoon could do???

7 comments:

Angie said...

What a smokin' deal! You are going to have to teach me the ropes of all of this money saving

Manzanafam said...

From one coupon cutter to another...WAY TO GO! I am most definitely impressed. I even got a little vicarious bargain buzz. Seriously, good deals give me a bit of a high.

Brandee & Julie said...

That is AWSOME! I thought I did good, but I've never done that well.

Aunt Suzanne said...

Way to go Amy. That's my girl! No more family jokes about mom buying something because she had a coupon - right!

Bonnie said...

Wow! Good job. I love a good deal, but who doesn't right? I'm way impressed!

Maria said...

Yes, I am seriously impressed. That's the best deal I have ever seen.

Natalie said...

You are the BOMB!!!! I have got to get with the program - thanks for being a great motivator!!!