First of all, call yourself whatever you want, but you are a salesman. Your "You don't have to buy anything, I just want to clean one of the rooms in your house" speech doesn't fool me. You aren't going to clean my house out of the goodness of your heart or because you don't have anything better to do today. You want to wow me with your nifty vacuum and sucker me into paying way too much for one. And secondly, what part of the "No Soliciting" sign prominantly displayed on my porch did you not understand?!?!
Now don't get me wrong. I know people have to make a living somehow. I try really hard to be polite to these guys. But honestly....if I'm in the market for a new vacuum, I'm far more likely to buy one at Sears instead of standing on my front porch dripping wet in my bathrobe!
3 comments:
Oh yes, the door-to-door salesman. My Mom use to point to the "No Soliciting" sign by our door nicely and shut the door.
Something else I hate are those parties you get invited to from people you barely know. In the last 2 weeks I have recieved 3 phone calls and 1 written invitation to a party that was being held tonight. The lady throwing the party is in my ward but I have never really even talked to her! This is a whole post in itself...
Anyway, I feel your pain. Especially since our condo doesn't have a peephole!
However rude this may be, I just never answer the door if I don't recognize the person. I don't have a peephole either so I have to look out the front window and I know for a fact that they almost always see me, but I could care less.
I've had the Jehovah's Witnessnes come by a few times and I don't even want to go down that route....
The absolute worst are those teenagers who "only need to sell one more magazine subscription" to go to Europe. Well I like to travel too, but I don't believe in harassing people door to door to do it. The other classic line they always through at you while putting on their best pouting sad face is "Don't you believe in giving people a hand up?" I must admit I've replied more than once in my best "you've got to be kidding me" tone that what I believe in is education and people working hard and earning what they get. and I point out that there are an abundance of help wanted signs out there these days if they're interested.
Post a Comment