Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Domestic Diva

Okay, so I might not really qualify for the title yet, but I did bake my first two loaves of bread this morning. I am feeling pretty domestic as I smell the aroma of fresh-baked bread permeating my house. The loaves are a little odd shaped and I haven't actually tasted them yet, but the delicious smell has to count for something, right? Isn't it something that we live in an era where a woman thinks it's quite a novelty to accomplish something so fundamental as baking a loaf of bread???

Now that I'm on my way to mastering the art of bread, I think I need to master the "dont' eat it all yourself" skill!

2 comments:

Leezy Lindsey said...

Wow! I'm impressed! There is nothing like warm, homemade bread! Well, except warm, homemade bread with homemade jam on top!

Angie said...

Okay, I hope Wade doesn't see this because he is going to be very jealous. These days he's lucky if he can get me to pour him a bowl of cereal for dinner. I can almost smell that bread it looks so good!!