Saturday, April 21, 2007

My Dynamic Duo

You would think I would learn...

You would think past experience would teach me to keep a hawk's eye on James and Daniel at all times. Instead, today I let James go out in the backyard to play. When I went out on the deck to check on him, I found him covered in mud, holding the hose with the nozzle in his mouth, having the time of his life. I asked him what in the world he was doing. He replied, "I'm watering the weeds so they will grow into flowers!" I figured maybe he was on to something, so I let him have at it!

Later, I had him come in the house to get in the shower to clean all the mud off. Without thinking much of it, I turned on the shower in the master bath to let the water warm up while James got undressed. I went into our bedroom to finish dusting. I swear, it wasn't more than a few seconds later when Art walked into the room and said, "Do you know that Daniel is in the shower...fully clothed?" Sure enough, there he was, shoes and all, diaper hanging to his knees, and having a ball. What can you do except laugh - and grab the camera of course!

Double the trouble...Double the fun! That's my boys. They can get into mischief faster than I can turn my head, but I think they are even quicker at making me laugh!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hmmm....and I was all excited to have another one running around the house. Now I'm thinking different!!

Daniel looks hilarious in this picture. It almost looks like he should be in some scary movie or something. Here comes a soaking wet zombie child ready to get you!!! Funny stuff!

Leezy Lindsey said...

At least you had two very clean boys when all was said and done! :)

Kids sure keep you on your toes! Very funny!