Friday, August 31, 2007

Friends Forever

Earlier this summer I had a reunion with my childhood friends. One of the gals just emailed me some pictures of the event. I have known these wonderful girls my entire life. Some of them I don't even remember meeting for the first time, but I have pictures of them at some of my earliest birthday parties. Most of us went through Primary, elementary school, middle school, and high school together. Many of us lived on the same block. We have all moved away, married, had children, and gone on with our lives. But we still get together every couple of years. When we are together, the years seem to melt away and we are all 13 again. Although this time we all commented on how much we are becoming like our mothers (which is a very high compliment...we all have fabulous moms!)

The older I get, the more I realize how blessed I have been to have these great friends in my life. It made such an difference as I grew up to have this positive peer group by my side through every phase of life. Now, as we are raising our own children, we all hope that they are blessed with wonderful friends in their lives...just like we were!

No comments: