Thursday, November 30, 2006

Baby Signs


It's always amazing to me to watch a baby process information and language. It is obvious that they have a whole lot more going on in their little brains than they are able to express. We have found that using sign language has been a great way to expand our kids' communication. James was using about 2o signs by the time he was 18 months. It made it so much easier to figure out what he wanted.

Now it is Daniel's turn. He's been a little more stubborn about using signs, but I think he's finally deciding it might be worth it after all. What you see in the photo is his first official baby sign. He is doing the sign for "bath" - otherwise known as a "tubby" at our house. Yesterday he started using his second sign, "drink". Isn't he just brilliant?!?! We think so!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go little Danny! I am impressed! Keep up the good work and happy signing! Hope you enjoyed your tubby!

Leezy Lindsey said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I'm sure it makes life much easier if they can communicate at such a young age...well at least a little easier! :)