Potty training has introduced some interesting new conversations at our house. "Toilet talk" has become the norm around here. The potty is a novel object that, according to James, must have some mysterious powers. Here are some examples from the last few days.
"James, go find your shoes so we can go."
"I can't get them. They went down the hole in the toilet."
"James, eat the rest of your carrots."
"They're gone. I put them down the hole in the toilet."
"James, be nice to Daniel. Please don't take his toys."
"Daniel isn't here. He's playing down the hole in the toilet."
Obviously there is some fascination with what lurks down there in that hole. Luckily, so far the fascination has remained in conversation only. I cringe to think of opening the lid and seeing a pair of shoes staring back at me...
1 comment:
Oh, the things we have to look forward to. I can't wait!
Post a Comment