Yesterday afternoon as I was getting things done around the house, Daniel came wandering over to me with a screw and a screwdriver in his hand. Not the type of play thing I like him to have! I figured he must have been in the tool drawer, so I just put the screwdriver back and set the screw on the counter. I didn't give it much more thought.
Several hours later I was sweeping the kitchen floor. I noticed something on the floor underneath the baker's rack. I kneeled down and was shocked to find that the plate cover for the electrical outlet partially hidden by the bakers rack was unscrewed and laying on the floor! This plug is not easily accessible (unless you have tiny little hands I guess) James had been playing outside with his friends all day, so I couldn't blame it on him. The startling conclusion I had to come to was that Daniel is a little handy man already! It scares me to death to think where else he could have stuck that screwdriver! But apparently he is smart enough to know that screwdrivers are for screws...not electrical sockets. Or was he just lucky???
I can only imagine what he will try to take apart next.....
1 comment:
If my grandson is so smart, just sit him down and explain that he needs to quit screwing around.
Post a Comment